Directorate of University Special Services
PURPOSE: The Directorate aims at the prevention, management and treatment of HIV/AIDS and Alcohol and Drug Abuse (ADA) in the University.
- HIV testing services
- Sensitization on HIV/AIDS, ADA and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD)
- HIV Testing Services Course ( 3 weeks professional course)
Sensitization Message on HIV/AIDS
HIV VIRUS is present in blood, semen, vaginal secretions, breast milk and other body fluids.
WHERE TO ACCESS HIV TESTING SERVICES?
- The University has VCT centres for free voluntary testing. The VCT operates from Monday to Friday 8:00am -5:00pm.
- Free HIV testing can be accessed at any government facility.
ANY CURE FOR HIV!
There is no cure for HIV but there is effective treatment by use of Anti-retroviral drugs. (ARVS)
IS HIV PREVENTABLE: YES! Abstain! Zero grace! Use condoms consistently and correctly.
Message on Drug and Substance Abuse
- Alcohol and drug use is harmful to your health
- Too much alcohol is harmful to your mental and physical health
- Sharing drug injection equipment such as needles and syringes without disinfecting them exposes users to contracting HIV.
- Drug abuse further erodes immune system for those living with HIV.
- Be smart, keep of drugs!!!!
Treatment and Management
Contact email@example.com for help on alcohol and drug abuse counseling, management and referral for treatment or call NACADA 1192 free of charge,
Message on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDS)
Non-communicable diseases include cancer (breast, cervical and prostrate), diabetes, blood pressure, stress and mental Health
HOW TO AVOID AND REDUCE THE RISKS OF NCDS:
- Take regular exercise
- Avoid the use tobacco, alcohol and other substance of abuse
- Eat a healthy diet consisting of fruits, vegetable, grains, nuts and cereals
- Live on the positive side of life
- Maintain a healthy sexual life with one partner
- Take plenty of water 8 to 12 glasses daily