Admission Procedures and Requirements for the Bachelor’s Degree
- Admission Procedures:
- Enquiries for all Bachelor’s Degree programmes offered should be made to the Registrar (Academic Affairs), Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology, P. O. Box 210-40601, Bondo, Kenya.
- The closing date for receiving applications for the Bachelor’s degree programmes shall be as determined by the Senate from time to time.
- Minimum Entry Requirements for Bachelor’s Degree:
The entry requirements set out below are only minimum, and they in no way entitle an applicant to a place in the University.
- Have the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a mean grade of C+ (C plus) passed at one sitting from at least seven subjects drawn from subject groupings as specified by the Kenya National Examinations Council or its equivalent.
- Have one of the following combinations of passes in the Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education examination:
- Two (2) Principal passes obtained at the same sitting.
- Two (2) Principal passes obtained at different sittings provided the passes are of grade C or higher.
- Hold a Diploma of a recognized institution with a “credit” pass or higher or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization acceptable to the Senate. Those with a “pass” diploma will be considered if they have at least two years relevant experience after graduation.
- Hold a certificate from a recognized institution with a “credit” pass or higher or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization, acceptable to Senate
- Have exceptional experiential knowledge and information
- Meet additional or specific entry requirements as may be specified by the respective Department, School/Faculty offering the programme.