Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Fisheries Management, University of Eldoret, Kenya. Master of Science (M.Sc) in Hydrobiology, University of Nairobi, Kenya. Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Botany/Zoology, University of Pune, India.
- Director Postgraduate studies - Chairperson;
- Six (6) Representatives nominated by Senate from amongst persons holding the rank of at least Associate Professor;
- The person, preferably a PhD holder, in charge of postgraduate studies in the relevant School/Faculty/Institute under consideration; and
- Registrar (AA) – Secretary.
- There shall be a Board of Postgraduate Studies.
- The Director Postgraduate Studies shall be appointed by the Vice-Chancellor from amongst persons holding the rank of Associate Professor and above.
- The Director shall report to the DVC (AA).
- The Board of Postgraduate Studies shall perform the following functions:
- Co-ordinate postgraduate syllabi and regulations;
- Consider and recommend post graduate syllabi and programs to Senate;
- Admit postgraduate students;
- Administer postgraduate scholarships;
- Administer postgraduate research grants;
- Administer and process postgraduate theses, projects or research papers;
- Conduct and supervise postgraduate studies programmes;
- Verify final list of Postgraduate Degree awards;
- General welfare and discipline of postgraduate students; and
- Any other business as may be determined by the Senate from time to time.